So, how can I help you?
Along with offering nutritional advice, I guide you to create healthy lifestyle habits and achieve physical and psychological balance. In other words, I examine your lifestyle, not just your diet, and treat you as a whole person, not just ‘parts’.
I’m a firm believer in seeing clients as individuals, and customising plans to suit them.
After all, no two people are the same, so no two plans should be the same either!
As your holistic wellness coach, I can tailor a diet and help you to adjust your lifestyle choices based on your needs. There is a lot of competing information out there: one month, veganism is trendy, and the next, steak is in and carbs are the devil again. There are a million different diets and labels out there: paleo, vegetarian, Atkins, lemon detox and the list goes on.
It can all get very confusing.
That’s where I come in.
Our bodies are different, and it’s my job to work out what your body needs to perform at its best – and then come up with an eating plan that is not only beneficial and nutritious, but enjoyable and sustainable.
But in order to feel better, we must first be better.
And I can help you feel great. For the rest of your life.
I aim to gently push you to live your best, most healthiest life. This goes beyond diets. While teaching you how to fuel your body properly is a huge part of what I do, good health is far more complex than the one-carb-one-protein formula. In order to reach optimum health, and find a sense of balance and confidence, we need to address sleep, stress, exercise, relationships, and work environments.
- I’m here to empower you to make good choices, every day.
- I’m here to support you on your journey to great health.
- I’m here to enhance your understanding of health and nutrition.
- I’m committed to making sure you live the best life. Because you deserve it.
Are you ready to start feeling great? Let’s do this!
The reason why I’m so confident I can help you is because I helped myself.
I worked in communications for a number of fast-paced companies before deciding to turn my lifelong passion for health into a career 10 years ago. I was finally living and breathing my passion, working for an inspiring health company.
I really should have been at my healthiest.
Yet what I found was that I was great at giving health advice to others, just not at nurturing myself!
I worked hard, I played hard, I ran around a million miles an hour.
I was highly stressed and fatigued – my body was screaming at me to STOP!
It was only a matter of time before my exhausted adrenals packed up, my stomach went haywire and my immune system shut down.
At the beginning of 2012, following a multitude of tests, specialist appointments, and thousands of dollars, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and/or Fibromyalgia.
For anyone else with a chronic illness that has experienced the immense frustration of not knowing – you will understand the relief of having a name for your illness.
But that was just the start of it, and at the end of 2014 it finally got labelled as Lyme’s Disease.
Filled with endless days of fatigue and pain it was exhausting and often frustrating, however it lit a fire in me.
I moved out of my self-pity cycle and started focusing on health rather than illness.
I made a conscious decision to heal, no matter what.
What did I do?
- I took all the responsibility upon myself by listening to my body. Finally listening to what it was telling me it needed. I experimented too.
- I studied E.F.T (tapping), I did daily visualisations of perfect health, I meditated in an Epsom and lavender bath.
- I sought help from wonderful healers and learned how to release my own emotions, manage my stress levels, and change my mindset and perceptions for the better.
- I started to appreciate life more, including the smallest things like a blade of grass.
- I started doing yoga therapy, physio and pilates. I focused on breathing from my belly.
- I started pacing and ensuring that I was nurturing myself everyday.
- I ate in a way to heal my body with organic wholefoods, and fermented foods, coupled with probiotics, herbal tinctures, vitamins and essential oils.
- I sought out many wonderful therapies which I still do today, like acupuncture, flotation therapy, chiro, kinesiology, and massage.
And okay. Yes, I went a little overboard.
Yet this time of exploration and discovery taught me so much about the human body, and about how to REALLY listen, intuitively, for the answers that are already inside you.
I realised that I wasn’t as healthy as I thought I was. In fact, there was a lot that needed changing.
What did I change?
- I ditched processed foods and sugars.
- I started eating beautiful, organic wholefoods.
- I started a morning health ritual that I now couldn’t imagine my life without
- I reduced my gluten intake to the point where I’m now 95% gluten free!
- I enjoyed caffeine and alcohol, but only occasionally.
- I incorporated pacing into my life, always giving myself the chance to REST.
- I started saying “NO” – which was very hard for an A-type personality, trust me!
- I drank tons of water.
- I worked out what was most fulfilling, and what made me happy, and prioritised these tasks – and housework wasn’t one of them!
- I loaded up on green veggies every day.
- I healed my gut with probiotics.
- I did yoga every day.
- I changed my relationship with my body and food.
- I reduced the stressors in my life.
- I cut out toxic scenes and people.
- I developed a sleep hygiene plan and started to sleep more soundly.
- I threw out any toxic products (like fake tan!) and fully made the switch to natural skin and household items.
- I exercised less, but smarter.
- I meditated daily and tuned more deeply into my mind-body connection.
- I gave myself the chance to REST.
Once I started listening to my body, it responded in the best way. Once I finally found balance, it started to heal itself.
When you feed your body with understanding, goodness and love, it is so, so good to you in return. It’s the most empowering, amazing feeling.
I want you to feel the same way.
I would love the opportunity to share my knowledge and experiences with you, so that you can not only feel incredible, but become a role model for those around you.
If you invite me into your world, I promise I’ll be honest, compassionate and understanding, and above all, get you to where you want to be.
Why can I help you?
I received my training as a Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s (IIN) cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program in New York. I chose to study at IIN because of the schools’ up-to-date, unique and holistic approach to bio-individuality, health coaching, and nutrition.
During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, the latest science in health and nutrition, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. These included; Gabrielle Bernstein (Spirit junkie), Deepak Chopra, David Wolfe (raw food guru), Donna Gates, (The Body Ecology Diet), Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint), and many other leading innovative leaders in nutrition and health.
Other key education includes; AAMET acredited EFT Practitioner, certificate in nutrition and food (Nature Care College), Advanced Landmark, Self Expression & Leadership training, NLP certified practitioner.
This education has equipped me with extensive knowledge of holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on this knowledge, on my personal experience with Fibromyalgia and Lyme’s disease, combined with my lifelong passion for health, nutrition and spirituality, I can help you make lifestyle changes that will produce real and lasting results.
I can offer you a tailored and personalised “road-map to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk.
You deserve to feel good about yourself.
To get the body and life you dream of, let’s connect some more… Contact me email@example.com, and we can put together a plan that transforms your health and the way you live your life.