As you most likely know, I am an advocate for all things natural.
I champion local, organic food because it is as close to the natural source as you can get.
I only take vitamins, herbs and minerals that are high quality and contain natural ingredients.
The majority of my personal care and house hold products are chemical-free.
Holistic therapies are part of my daily life, whether that be meditation, EFT (tapping), yoga, acupuncture, Epsom baths, infra-red saunas, or kinesiology.
I was looking for my next natural product to support my wellness journey against the big doozie, Lyme Disease, when my good friend, Reiki Master, and Naturopath Sally introduced me to doTERRA essential oils.
Sally had been using the essential oils for herself and her family with great success.
I started using them for common house hold ailments. Headaches, upset stomach, ear aches, allergies, cold & flu, muscle pain and soreness.
I watched each time as these oils appeared to miraculously help relieve my symptoms, and those of my family.
But this was only the beginning of my aromatic adventures.
Next thing you know I am putting the Lemon essential oil into my water to flush my body of toxins, diffusing Peppermint oil and Citrus Bliss to zest me up in the morning, having a Frankincense and Lavender essential oil bath with Epsom salts at night, putting Lime oil in my stir-frys, and gargling On-Guard if I felt sick.
The list goes on… I felt good about how I was treating my body. I noticed that the oils were keeping my mental and health in balance too, which I needed to battle Lyme Disease.
I knew it would be come a part of my journey of natural healing, and with a consistent yoga practice, holistic therapies, supplements, organic eating, and now the use of oils, I felt ready to bring my body back to health and balance.
So what are my favourites?
I have so many favourites, however these are the essential oils that I am currently using daily to most suit my health and emotional needs.
For creativity – Citrus bliss
This oil is a zesty and bubbly bottle of joy! I like to diffuse this when I’m working on blog posts or projects as it awakens and ignites that fire in your belly. It restores the spark in our soul and reconnects us with the magic of life – letting go of old limitations and insecurities.
For sleep deprivation, anxiety and stress – Lavender Peace
doTERRA’s lavender oil is amazing, however the blended oil, Lavender Peace, is the most calming and potent thing I’ve ever smelt. I put a few drops of this on our pillows at night and diffuse 10 – 12 drops in my diffuser, half an hour before we go to bed and for 1.5 hours after that. The amount of people that have come to me with success stories from this oil is overwhelming – better sleep, less stress and coping with uncertainty or overthinking.
For cleansing and detoxing – Slim & Sassy oil and Lemon oil
I put a couple of drops of each in my morning drink bottle – YES you can drink them! They help maintain healthy bowel movement, boost your metabolism and balance out your appetite. I love the taste of it, and best of all. You don’t have to buy heaps of lemons anymore as the oil itself has over 40 lemons in it. And it doesn’t stain your teeth. A win:win!
For pain relief –
Liquid Morphine Recipe: Let’s 1st be clear, it’s nothing like morphine. You aren’t going to be drugged and it’s not going to knock you out. But it’s great for pain relief, which I need on a daily basis. In an empty veggie capsule: 6 Drops Each of Frankincense and Marjoram essential oil.
Neck Pain and Stiffness: Coconut Oil 1 teaspoon, Deep Blue 3 drops, Marjoram 2 drops, Lemongrass 2 drops; Gently blend and apply up the sternum in the front of chest and on the shoulders and back of the neck.
My current favourite – Balance
This is a hard call to make when there are so many feel-good oils to choose from – but Balance is definitely one I can’t live without. I use a roller blended with fractionated coconut oil and apply this to my feet, wrists and heart a few times a day to ground me. It has become a daily ritual for me and helps me feel aligned throughout my day.
The woody scent reminds me to connect with my roots and live in the present moment. Balance also helps manifest your desires and gives you strength to stay focused.
I use doTERRA Essential Oils because I know that I can trust the them, and receive maximum benefits from an extremely potent oil.They source their oils from their natural habitat and origin of growth to get the best oils possible.
It speaks volumes that the company does not dilute their oils for sale, but keeps them completely pure and unadulterated.
Did you know that 1 drop of DoTERRA Peppermint Oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea?
That’s what I’m talking about!
Before you run out and buy essential oils, make sure to do your research and see if it has that CPTG label and 3rd party testing.
How to purchase doTERRA essential oils
Simply pay $35 and set up a wholesale account. This gives you 25% discount on all of their products. There is no monthly fee or purchase required. To keep your wholesale pricing, you need only buy 1 item every year.
But here’s the best part. The wholesale membership fee is waived when you start your membership by purchasing an Essential Oil Starter Kit. You then save 25% to 55% on all future orders.
This is why it’s worth becoming a wholesale member.
- Get access to wholesale pricing (25% discount)
- No monthly order required (unless you join dōTerra’s Loyalty Rewards Program to build your collection)
- Option to receive 10-30% of your total purchase back in FREE product points(on top of the 25% discount) to order FREE oil (that bit feels very good let me tell you)
- Eligibility to receive dōTERRA’s FREE Product of the Month
- My ongoing one on one support. Get a free 40 minute Skype/phone health coaching consult to help get you set up with an account and to select the right oils for you; a free consult once your oils have arrived; access to workshops and ongoing training.
There’s an oil for almost everything!
Ready to get some essential oils? Follow these step-by-step instructions, easy as that!
1. Open a new window (so you can read these instructions!) and go to – www.mydoterra/amy.com/amydown/#/
2. Click Join and Save.
3. Select your country of residence.
4. Choose “Wholesale Prices”. This membership will give you the best discount (25% on all products) and will NOT obligate you in any way to sell or buy.
5. Fill out the top of the application with your personal information…address, birthday, etc… Enter your contact and shipping info
6. Enter my Enroller ID number: 2194192. (Amy Down). Enter your password for your Virtual Office. This is where you will be able to place future orders and track past orders.
8. Select your wholesale starter kit (click here to see all starter kits) or create your custom order (you can pay the enrolment fee of $35 and then pick and choose what products you want to start out with).
9. Click $35 introductory packet (this is your membership, ignore if you have selected a kit)
10. Loyalty Rewards Offer – This is doTERRA’s monthly Loyalty Rewards Program. If you’d like to set up an order for next month, feel free to do so! You can view the benefits of the program here: Loyalty Rewards Program. If you choose to not set it up now, you can always do it later if you decide you want to.
11. Click continue and you’ll see your order. Enter payment information and then click on Process Order Now and Continue
And that’s it. You have started your essential oils journey! Please send me an email: email@example.com so that I can support you in using your oils for wellness in your across all areas of your life.